lördag 4 april 2009

Mannen bakom vissa sånger i JCS

Pilates Dream
I dreamed I met a Galilean
A most amazing man
He had that look
You very rarely find
The haunting hunted kind

I asked him
To say what had happened
How it all began
I asked again
He never said a word
As if he hadn't heard

And next the room was full
Of wild and angry men
They seemed to hate this man
They fell on him and then disappeared

Then I saw thousands of millions
Crying for this man
And then I heard them mentioning my name
And leaving me the blame


De 39 piskningarna kommer mycket senare efter Pilates dream i musikalen...

Thirty-nine lashes

PILATE: Where are you from Jesus?
What do you want Jesus?
Tell me.
You've got to be careful.
You could be dead soon,
Could well be.
Why do you not speak when I have your life in my hands?
How can you stay quiet? I don't believe you understand.
JESUS: You have nothing in your hands.
Any power you have, comes to you from far beyond.
Everything is fixed, and you can't change it.
PILATE: You're a fool Jesus Christ. How can I help you?
CROWD: Pilate, Crucify him!
Remember Caesar. You have a duty
To keep the peace, so crucify him!
Remember Caesar. You'll be demoted.
You'll be deported. Crucify him!
PILATE: Don't let me stop your great self-destruction.
Die if you want to, you misguided martyr.
I wash my hands of your demolition.
Die if you want to you innocent puppet!

De delar som är med tjock text var mina favorit scener, speciellt eftersom Henrik Bladh, som spelade Pontius Pilatus, var den som sjöng! Underbaraste rösten någonsin!! <3

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar